Last weekend, Lucas was invited to his first birthday party. I've been dying for him to fit in these overalls! I mean, what is cuter than babies in overalls? We had such a fun time and totally got me thinking of Lucas' first birthday. My great goodness! Lucas' first birthday! How is he almost 8 months old already? Naturally, I'm pinning things like crazy for his little party! I don't want to rush things though because I wish daily that time could stand still. I'm enjoying every second of this new life of ours!
March 3, 2014
Trial week has kept me from seeing the light of day but I am slowly emerging from the depths of office to share my current beauty favorites! I am a self confessed beauty junkie with enough products and brushes to keep give Sephora a run for its money. Wish reminds me that I must do a beauty purge soon.
Over the holidays, I added quite a few new products and these are the ones I'm currently loving...
1. Smashbox Pore Primer: Okay, this is the product that made me want to write this post. THIS IS AMMMAAAZZIIINNNGGGG!!! I fell in love with the Sephora Wrinkle filler after seeing this post from Kate over at The Small Things Blog. As luck would have it, Sephora discontinued it. Ugh. After trying various products, a Sephora employee recommended that I try this Smashbox Pore Primer and it is the exact same thing! I use this product as an undereye primer. It is absolutely amazing and I can see myself repurchasing many many times.
2. Bobbi Brown Pale Yellow Powder: I love this powder to set my concealer. It is translucent and does a great job at making my concealer last all day.
3. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation: This has replaced my beloved Diorskin Forever Foundation. I love it because it doesn't oxidize on my skin and blends in with my skin perfectly. I use this in the shade Cool Bone.
4. Real Techniques Buffer Brush: I really like this line of brushes. I use this buffer brush to apply my foundation and love how well it blends my foundation.
5. Nars Laguna Multiple: I received two multiples for Christmas and really like them. I use Laguna to contour and the shade Orgasm on my cheeks to highlight.
6. Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer: Hold the presses, it's an affordable concealer that actually works! I use this over my Bobbi Brown concealers to highlight and it's amazeballs!
7. Bobbi Brown Eye Sweep: My sister, Melisa, gifted this to me for Christmas and I lurve it! Even though I own way too many makeup brushes, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to eye makeup so I like that this is a relatively large eye brush and applies makeup in one sweep.
February 24, 2014
When I first started reading blogs in 2009, one of the first stores I was introduced to was Modcloth. I loved and still love their classic pieces at affordable prices. So when Modcloth contacted me regarding their Uniquely You Campaign and sent me the picture of the dress to feature in this polyvore set, I was ecstatic! This dress is definitely one that I would purchase for myself. I was trying to decide if I wanted to dress up or down this Lead by Example Dress and ultimately decided to go business casual. Business casual is pretty much what I wear all week at the office and I had fun dream shopping while creating this set! Modcloth has tons of cute dresses and accessories that are not only affordable but classic and on trend.
February 18, 2014
This cool guy is 7 months old today! Since the last update, Mr. Lucas has started to crawl, eat solids, and on Saturday he said his first word! DADA! Or more like dadadadadadada. Which actually works to my advantage because if I'm exhausted and Lucas needs attention, he now yells dadadada, and I can now look at my husband and say he wants you.
I decided to make his baby food and I am obsessed! His favorites are sweet potatoes, bananas, and oatmeal. He absolutely LOVES music!
Since he was a newborn, the only song that would put him to sleep was Lennon and Maisy's version of Ho Hey. Now, he is mesmerized by Jeremy Groves' Stay the Night and I love video chatting with my sister so she can see his reaction since Jeremy is her boyfriend. He could be screaming his head off but the second you play either of these songs, he's completely quiet and will soon fall asleep. However, on Sunday we learned that the Beatles Yesterday has the opposite effect...weird.
This little guy has quite the personality and has stolen my heart. I can't believe he's already 7 months old...I may even be already planning his first birthday party...
February 12, 2014
Photo Credit: Claudia Kay Photo
So this is off topic from the things I usually blog about but I SWEAR it's worth it! My sister's boyfriend, Jeremy Groves, is an amazing musician and yesterday he released his single Stay the Night. It is absolutely one of the best songs I've heard in awhile and, although I may be biased, I promise that it's my honest opinion! I teared up a little because it has such a beautiful melody and I love the lyrics. It's the perfect song to hear on repeat right before Valentine's day!
Click here to check it out on Itunes!
And here is the link to his facebook artist page: Jeremy Groves Music
February 10, 2014
The past two or so weeks I've been hit with major working mommy guilt...I mean epic meltdowns. The catalyst was definitely when my mom, who watches him three days a week, called me at work and said I should call the pediatrician because Lucas was having a bad skin reaction after his 6 months shots. The doctor's office recommended that he come in immediately to rule out anything serious. Since I was still at the office, I tried my best to make it to the hospital but by the time I got to the doctor's office, Lucas was already seen. I talked to the nurse and she told me it was nothing serious but I was boo hoo crying as if I missed his wedding. Ever since then, it's been increasingly getting harder to leave him in the mornings; especially since he has learned how to wave goodbye...
Since my husband and I work together at the same firm, we are able to take nice lunches together and spend time together away from the office. Therefore, weekends have become our time to get our Lucas fix. The past couple of weekends have been weekends of firsts for my little guy. He got his first haircut, started crawling, and played in the playground recently. I tried to wait until he was a year old for his first haircut but that hair was getting unruly! As much as I love his crazy hair, it was time for a little trim. I am absolutely loving weekends and if you can't tell by now, I'm pretty obsessed with my boy and spending every second of every day with him!